Atikokan Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting & Awards
“We are proud to host this event each year as it recognizes businesses, organizations, and individuals for their outstanding achievement and the contributions made to economic growth and prosperity within our community of Atikokan.”
Business Awards Categories for 2016
Business Excellence Award
Presented to a business which has demonstrated innovation, vision, business growth, and community involvement. The nomiee may have founded a business, purchased an existing one and turned it around, or diversified a business.
Customer Service Award
Presented to an individual or business committed to high standards of customer service, and delivers exceptional service in dealings with customers. Businesses which educate and encourage their staff to improve and excel in matters of customer relations, problem solving and innovation will rank highly.
Presented to an invidual, business or assocation whose outstanding involvement and participation inspire and lead to increased quality of life in the community. This award will recognize leadership, innovation and creativity.
Health & Safety Award
Presented to an individual or business making a demonstrable difference in safety performance, either in the workplace or in the community. Judges will look for an active commitment to, and participation in, improving safety, either in the workplace, in the community or both.
Not For Profit Excellence Award
Presented to an organization which exemplifies excellence and innovation in its programs, projects, and partnerships. Commitment to growth and expanding programming, a dedicated focus on its vision and mandate, as well as service to and involvement in the community, will be amoung the standards considered.
Widening Our World
The WOW award recognizes exceptional contributions to creating or enhancing employment opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities. Sponsored by Community Living Atikokan
Rules of Business Awards Nominations
- Any business in the Atikokan region is eligible to be nominated.
- Nominees may be nominated for more than one (1) award; however, each award category must be submitted on a separate form.
- Individuals and companies are encouraged to nominate themselves.
- Using nomination criteria, state clearly why you are nominating this candidate.
- All submissions must have a typed or legible handwritten description referring to the specific award criteria.
- Judging is based solely on the accompanying information.
- Nominations may be dropped off at the Chamber Office located at 214 Main Street West, faxed: (807) 597-2726 or emailed: [email protected]
NOMINATIONS are CLOSED for 2016 Please see the Annual Awards for 2016